第一章共13个话题,是商务英语的准备阶段!今天学的是第三个话题。对于客户参加工厂,实际可能要比这个还难,主要会涉及到产品的问题!




Unit3 Factory Tour参观工厂

对话1

A: Good afternoon, Mr.Green. I’m Jill, Mr.Smith’s secretary. Would you like to look around the factory first?

下午好,格林先生,我是吉尔,史密斯的秘书。您要先参观一下工厂吗?

B: Yes, I would.是的。

A: Now this is our office block. We have all the administrative departments here: Sales, Accounting, Personnel, Market Research and so on.

这是我们的办公区,我们所有的行政部门都在这儿:销售部,会计部,人事部,市场调查部等等。

B: What’s that building opposite us?对着我们的那座楼是做什么的?

A: That’s the warehouse where the larger items of medical instruments are stored. We keep a stock of the fast-moving items so that urgent orders can be met quickly from stock.

那是储存着大量医疗设备的仓库。我们储存着大量医疗设备以备紧急之需。

B: If I ordered an X-ray apparatus today, how long would I have to wait for the delivery in Scotland?

如果我今天订一套X光设备,要多长时间运到苏格兰?

A: I think you’d better speak to our work’s manager, Mr. Smith. You’ll meet him when we go over to the factory. We’ll go there now. ( In the workshop) This is one of our three workshops. This is the delivery bay here.

我认为您应该同我们的生产经理史密斯先生谈。在参观过程中我们会遇到他。我们现在去那儿。(在车间)这是我们三个车间的一个。这是运输车间。

B: Oh, I see.哦,知道了。

A: The steel sheets and bars come in, as you see, in different sizes and are unloaded onto the delivery bay here, We buy them in from a steel works in Wales. This is the new conveyor belt we had installed last year. We doubled our output in this department as a result.

就像您看到的,不同型号的钢板和钢丝运来了,并且在运输车间。我们是从威尔士的钢厂买来的。这是我们刚安装的输送带,使我们的产量提高了两倍。

B: Oh, really?哦,真的吗?

A: I’ll take you to the assembly shop……….我带你们去看看我们的装配车间。

B: It’s up to you.您决定吧。

A: Ok, let’s go.好。请吧。

B: All right.走吧。

对话2.

A: Mr. Brown, I’d like introduce you to Mr. Lee, the plant manager.

布朗先生,容我向您引见工厂经理,李先生。

B: How do you do, Mr. Lee?你好,李先生。

C: How do you do, Mr. Brown? It’s a pleasure to meet you.

你好,布朗先生,很高兴见到您。

B: The pleasure’s mine.这是我的荣幸。

C: I’ll give you a complete picture of or operation.

我会把我们制作过程的总图给您。

B: Thank you.谢谢。

C: First, I’ll show you an 8-minute multimedia.

首先,我为您映放8分钟的多媒体简介。

3.

A: When was this factory founded?这家工厂是何时成立的?

B: In 1976 with a capital of 2 million dollars.1976,当时资本为200万美元。

A: How many employees do you have?有多少雇工?

B: There are about 1200 in the plant, and 80 in the office.1200名工人,80名职员。

A: Are you expanding your plant?贵公司在扩厂吗?

B: Yes,. Our new plant will start production next month.

是的,我们的新工厂下个月开始动工生产。

A: That will help to speed things up.那会有助于加快出货速度。

B: Of course. It has taken two years altogether.

当然了。新厂的建成总共花了两年的时间。

4.

A: I hope the noise isn’t bothering you.希望这些噪音没有打扰您。

B: No, not at all. I’m accustomed to this sort of thing.一点也不会,我已经习惯了这种声音。

A: If there’s some place you’d like to stop, don’t hesitate to ask.

如果想在哪儿停下来,不要不好意思说。

B: Thank you. I’ll keep that in mind.谢谢,我会记在心里的。

A: I’ve heard your plant is phasing in robots.

听说你们工厂逐渐采用机器人设备了。

B: Yes, we began last spring.是的。从去年春季开始的。

A: These machines seem to be the most modern ones of their kind.

这些机器似乎是同类中最新型的。

B: That’s true. We believe that superior equipment makes for superior products.

没错,我们相信优良的设备有助于生产优良产品。

下载